A couple of years ago I wrote a post about my top 10 ideas for an innovative school, its been the most viewed post. Although it’s not definitive, it’s helpful to have a guide that can shape strategy. This time I’ve added a few challenges.
Revisiting the ideas, and updating for 2014:
1. A vision for learning is incessantly and clearly communicated
- What is your vision? Make sure you know where you are going.
- Find ingenious and relentless ways to communicate it.
Who are the keepers of the vision?How do you empower the carriers of the vision?
2. Learning is future-focused
- Shape the learning context for change
- Observe the students, see how they work and communicate
How can you have less fixed and more flexible features?
What is happening in the world of work that can directly relate to school?
3. Culture takes time and persistence to embed
View original post 387 more words